This is my situation:
- I put the ElementaryOS iso on a 16gb USB
- I installed ElementaryOS on another 32gb USB via the installation process
- When the 32gb USB is not in, the machine goes to grub rescue. I have not experienced this with other distro installations.
I checked the file system via ElementaryOS and my Windows partition is still there. How can I boot into it?
Old post:
I tried to install ElementaryOS on my USB drive using the live install. Upon re-boot, I was prompted with Grub? I checked via the live install and ElementaryOS WAS installed on my USB drive. I did not experience this problem with installing Peppermint, Ubuntu, etc.
The Windows OS drive is still on the machine.
When I take out the flash drive, I am unable to view the Grub (it goes to Grub Rescue), so I'm assuming Grub is on the Hard Drive.
How do I boot back into Windows? If possible, how would I make Windows the default boot again?
I am able to use the ElementaryOS install fine from the USB I installed it on, but I would also like to access the Windows OS that's on the machine. Help would be greatly appreciated.
Aucun commentaire:
Enregistrer un commentaire