samedi 27 décembre 2014

specific swap partitions for multiple debian distros in single computer


I'm trying to setup a computer with three debian instances (wheezy, jessie and sid), I've created / and swap partitions for each debian instance, during the installation I did specify which swap partition to use for each instance, and I did verify that the other partitions were configured as "do not use this partition", but when running jessie I see the three swap partitions are active



$ swapon -s
Filename Type Size Used Priority
/dev/sda10 partition 7812092 0 -1
/dev/sda12 partition 7812092 0 -2
/dev/sda8 partition 8191996 0 -3


my /etc/fstab file only refers to one of them



$ cat /etc/fstab
UUID=197fd69d-285e-4fec-6d5d-498d4d4b92a2 / ext4 errors=remount-ro 0 1
UUID=562B-713C /boot/efi vfat defaults 0 1
# swap was on /dev/sda12 during installation
UUID=7e958357-a446-4a32-7c06-81f6751fdab6 none swap sw 0 0
/dev/sdb1 /media/usb0 auto rw,user,noauto 0 0


I know I can swapoff the swap partitions corresponding to the other debian instances, and it could be done in a @reboot entry of cron, but I don't like that, to prevent data loss I would prefer them not to be touched at all. Then the question is: how do I tell debian not to use some specific swap partition?



Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire