mercredi 31 décembre 2014

adding a console target to GDM


In KDM, KDE's display manager, there's an option to exit the DM and login at the terminal. Gnome's display manager does not have this option.


Here's the entry for Cinnamon:



[Desktop Entry]
Name=Cinnamon
Comment=This session logs you into Cinnamon
Exec=cinnamon-session-cinnamon
TryExec=/usr/bin/cinnamon
Icon=
Type=Application


I think it should be easy enough to create a console entry, but what would or should I place in the Exec or TryExec fields of the entry?


I tried to google for how to do this, but this is all I got: but the post listed has no answers.


Does anyone know how to do this? I tried checking to see if there was a dedicated file for KDM where the console fall-back session mode was defined, but I didn't find any.



Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire