mercredi 31 décembre 2014

How to install ALX drivers for an AR8171 network adaptor in OMV


I bought a shiny new ASRock FM2A88X Extreme4+ motherboard (which I chose specifically for the plentiful expansion slots) to run my shiny new file server. During the installation of Open Media Vault, the installer failed to identify the network adaptor (according to the ASRock website, a Qualcomm Atheros AR8171 ). Googling lead me to believe it uses the ALX driver. I selected the entry in the installer, however it failed to initialise. I decided to try a manual install of an updated driver, so downloaded the latest Backports Driver Pack for the ALX driver (via my desktop mackine onto a USB stick). However when I went to compile it on the OMV server, it complained saying MAKE isn't installed. To add salt to injury, when I tried to download MAKE, the installation instructions give direction to make MAKE (which I cannot do without MAKE installed).


For the life of me I cannot find a stand-alone installer (such as a .deb file) for the ALX driver. All other instructions I've found online need an internet connection to do (adding sources etc) which I cannot do without a working network adaptor!


Does anyone out there know how to fix this??



Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire