lundi 29 décembre 2014

centos cluster set core/each_program


I'm using unix server (OS: centos5) and I'm using several clusters.


Some clusters have 8 cores, other are 24 cores and etc.


I execute jobs using this command.



qsub -q cluster_name -d $PWD Program_name


To efficiently use clusters, I'm using OPENMP for parallelization.


Problem is, in most times, my program use only 3 cores at the same time.


It means, I'm wasting computational power a lot.


When I use my PC (Ubuntu) not clusters,


I maximize efficiency, by using in the following way.



OPEN TERMINAL
export OPM_NUM_THREAD=A
./program_name


However, I don't know how to apply this method to the clusters.


Therefore, I want to use clusters in the following way.



./Execute.sh


And Execute.sh is,



SET_NUMBER_OF_CORE_FOR_PROGRAM1
qsub -q cluster_name -d $PWD Program_name1&
SET_NUMBER_OF_CORE_FOR_PROGRAM2
qsub -q cluster_name -d $PWD Program_name2&
...
SET_NUMBER_OF_CORE_FOR_PROGRAMn
qsub -q cluster_name -d $PWD Program_namen&


at least I hope I can set same number of core for all programs.


If you know how to do this, please let me know.


Thank you for reading,


user2268721.



Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire