mercredi 31 décembre 2014

terminal linux calendar specify used calendar file


I´m playing around with linux calendar


My aim is that all users can run a script which does nothing more than adding a givven argument in 10 days as cal item



// called like this: reminder "Meeting with Frank"
// will add a calendar item in 10 days


#!/bin/bash

remdate=$(date +"%m/%d" -d "10 days")
echo -e "$remdate\t$1" >> /etc/.calendar/calendar


All users have permissions for /etc/.calendar/calendar


The calendar will run by cron to inform about todays meetings:



calendar|mail -s "do not forget" xy@example.com
or
calendar -f /etc/.calendar/calendar |mail -s "do not forget" xy@example.com


But how do I tell calendar to not use the users calendar file (~/.calendar) or in /usr/share/calendar but the one I´m writing to? (tried -f and I´m confused with /usr/share/calendar and CALENDAR_DIR)


thanks



Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire