samedi 31 janvier 2015

UDP Tunnel via SSH Confusion


Overview:


I have a software program which communities on UDP port 1046 and I am hoping to hook two computers together.



  • Laptop (Required to ALWAYS have VPN connection)

  • Desktop (Public ip address)


Where I am:


I've seen various bridging tutorials but they seen to involve one computer serving as a proxy and not a direct bridge between the two systems. I have successfully managed to create a TCP bridge and I'm assuming its not too much harder to force the UDP traffic across that bridge


TCP Tunnel


On the "laptop" I run



ssh -N -L *:24804:localhost:24804 -R:24804:desktop:24804 user@desktop


which I believe creates a 2-way tunnel on the machines between TCP port 24804


I tried socat udp-listen:1046,reuseaddr,fork tcp:localhost:24804 but when I launched my software it gave me an error that port 1046 was already in use


Is there a simple next step I'm completely missing here?


Thanks!



Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire