samedi 28 février 2015

Bash cannot see PATH update


I am running Debian on a VM. I login to the GUI and go to Applications > Accessories > Terminal.


# echo shell: /bin/bash


I modified ENV_SUPATH, ENV_PATH inside of /etc/login.defs. I restarted the shell. In superuser mode echo $PATH shows my update. In normal mode echo $PATH does not show my update. I added and modified ~/.bash_profile. I still can't see my change and I'm starting to chase my tail.


/etc/login.defs contents:



ENV_SUPATH PATH=/usr/local/sbin:/usr/local/bin:/usr/sbin:/usr/bin:/sbin:/bin:/home/brian/.linuxbrew/bin
ENV_PATH PATH=/usr/local/bin:/usr/bin:/bin:/usr/local/games:/usr/games:/home/brian/.linuxbrew/bin


~/.bash_profile:


PATH=/home/brian/.linuxbrew/bin:$PATH


How can I troubleshoot and resolve this?



Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire