samedi 28 février 2015

Samba Tuning (Very low data transfer rates)


I have been trying to tune my Samba server for a while now and have had very little luck. At first I thought it could have had something to do with my router but recently purchased a new one with 10/100/1000 connections. The Samba server and Windows PC that access it are both wired directly to the router.


The maximum speed I am able to obtain is 11 Mbps which seems odd to me because I have (now) a very fast LAN and also the Samba Server has a very good 1TB 7200 RPM HDD.


My conf file is as follows



socket options = TCP_NODELAY

[BackupHDD]
path = /media/BackupHDD
available = yes
valid users = user
read only = no
browseable = yes
public = yes
writable = yes


Very simple yet I still cannot manage over 11 Mbps. Putting in the socket option is what allowed me to go from 3 Mbps to 11. Is there anything else you guys could suggest? I am running Ubuntu 14.04 LTS if that helps.


Any information would be great. Theortically I should be able to obtain much higher speeds right? I know the HDD specs posted much much higher read write speeds.


Edit: I would just like to point out that the network drive I am using has about a speed transfer of 50 +/- Mbps according to the dd command.



dd if=/media/BackupHDD/dev/zero of=speetest bs=1M count=100
100+0 records in
100+0 records out
104857600 bytes (105 MB) copied, 1.9879 s, 52.7 MB/s


Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire