vendredi 27 février 2015

Directory permissions for web server


Hi all I'm fairly new to permissions in a web server environment so please bare with me. I'm experiencing a problem (I believe) having to do with permissions to a directory on my server. The file permissions initially read drwx--S--- and I was able to connect with an FTP client signed in as the directory owner and manage the directory, but when I tryed to view them from a browser I get the "Forbidden" message saying I don't have permission to view the files. I noticed if I use sudo chmod -R 644 my_directory which changes the directory's permissions to drw-r-Sr-- and then use sudo chmod g+x my_directory to change the directory's permissions to drw-r-sr--, I can read the files from any browser, but can no longer transfer or view files via FTP to that directory. Any insight as to what the proper permissions should look like would be extremely appreciated.



Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire