samedi 28 février 2015

Which log files do I look at to debug copy/paste and Klipper?


Short Version

What log files do I look at to monitor copy/paste actions? And what logs do I look at to monitor all Klipper actions?


Long Version

After using my desktop for a while (could be a few hours, could be a few minutes), copy paste starts doing strange things. When I copy (Ctrl+C or via right click menu), Klipper will sometimes not pick up the highlighted text. It sometimes gets blank lines, sometimes just jumps to a random entry in the history, and sometimes works. Rebooting "fixes" it but after some time, this issue will always return.


As far as I can tell, my system was perfectly fine until a couple months ago when I first noticed the issue. But since it is random and rebooting resets the issue, I have no idea what update might have caused this. So I'm trying to debug and track down the issue myself. With that said, could anyone tell me every possible log file to look at that's related to copy/paste and klipper? Thanks!


System Info: In case this reminds someone of a similar issue, my OS is Netrunner Rolling (this is based off Manjaro), CPU is Intel, and GPU is a Radeon HD 7750 using the open source drivers.



Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire