vendredi 27 février 2015

What's wrong with my NFS setup?


I had previously been able to configure an NFS server on a computer running CentOS 6.6, and to mount the file system in a Virtual Machine with the same OS and using autofs.

Last week I did a fresh install of all the OSs I had, and now for some reason I cannot get it to work. The server computer still runs CentOS 6.6, and the Virtual Machine is now running CentOS 7 (I also tried it with another Virtual Machine running Debian Wheezy, but it still didn't work).


The server (centosserv) is running on 192.168.1.89, and the client (centoscli, the CentOS 7 one) on 192.168.1.100.

The file system I want to share is /NFSSHARE and /NFSSHARE/mydir, and as such the /etc/exports file on the server contains the following:



/NFSSHARE 192.168.1.100(fsid=0,rw,sync,no_subtree_check,root_squash,anonuid=1000,anongid=1000)
/NFSSHARE/mydir 192.168.1.100(ro,sync,no_subtree_check)


If I run showmount -e I get this:



[root@centosserv ~]# showmount -e
Export list for centosserv:
/NFSSHARE/mydir 192.168.1.100
/NFSSHARE 192.168.1.100


So everything looks good so far.

On the client side, I edited the /etc/auto.master to include the following line:



/mnt/nfs /etc/auto.nfs-share --timeout=90


And then created the /etc/auto.nfs-share file with the following contents:



[root@centoscli ~]# cat /etc/auto.nfs-share
writeable_share -rw 192.168.1.89:/
non_writeable_share -ro 192.168.1.89:/mydir


This also seems to be working, given the below output:



[root@centoscli ~]# mount | grep nfs-share
/etc/auto.nfs-share on /mnt/nfs type autofs (rw,relatime,fd=18,pgrp=2401,timeout=90,minproto=5,maxproto=5,indirect)


At this point, /mnt/nfs/writeable_share and /mnt/nfs/non_writeable_share are not mounted, unless I try to access them directly, as per this tutorial (which is the same I had followed the last time I set up the NFS server*). So only after I tried ls -l /mnt/nfs/writeable_share should it be mounted. But the output I get is:



[root@centoscli ~]# ls -l /mnt/nfs/writeable_share
ls: cannot access /mnt/nfs/writeable_share: No such file or directory


I pinged the server from the client and vice versa, just to check that they could both reach each other, and they seem to do.


I did everything exactly the same way I had done the first time round, yet for some reason I cannot get it to work this time. I have tried doing this by editing the /etc/fstab file on the client side and manually instead of using autofs, but it doesn't seem to work that way either. Disabling iptables on the server side makes it work with fstab and manually, but not with autofs yet.


What else can I check, or where I have gone wrong?




*With the exception of the first three steps, since I have neither a service called nfs-common neither a /etc/default/nfs-common file.




EDIT


I was checking out this tutorial on a CentOS group on FB that, after the server side is supposedly settled and we're ready to start configuring the client side, says this:



Test if you can see NFS server:

showmount -e



So I'm guessing that using showmount -e on the client I should be able to get some info on the server, or it at least some acknowledgement that I can mount file systems from that server on this client. However, I tried using showmount -e 192.168.1.89 on the client side, and the only message I got was this:



clnt_create: RPC: Port mapper failure - Unable to receive: errno113 (No route to host)


I'm guessing this could be the problem, but I'm not sure what it means.



Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire