dimanche 30 novembre 2014

nohup, screen and tmux not working when closing connection on yocto linux (intel edison)


I have an Intel Edison with Yocto Linux and standard configurations. It had nohup pre-installed and I managed to install both screen and tmux (by compiling them from sources). Now, I would like to run some process and keep it working when I disconnect. I tried the following:



  • Running a program with screen, detaching, logging out, logging in, running screen -r

  • Running a program with tmux, detaching, logging out, logging in, running tmux attach

  • Running that program with nohup python myscript.py &


When using screen and tmux, I succesfully manage to resume my sessions if I don't disconnect. However, when I disconnect both screen and tmux say that there is no session / screen to be resumed. When running with nohup, logging out and back in causes my process to be killed (it doesn't show up when running top).


What could be going on? I really an not understanding this.


Thank you!



Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire