samedi 29 novembre 2014

Received DUP when using ping. What should I do?


I was pinging google last night and one of them came back as DUP(!). I did some reading and I found this in the man pages:



Damaged packets are obviously serious cause for alarm and often indicate broken hardware somewhere in the ping packet's path (in the network or in the hosts).



Is this really a cause for serious alarm? if it is what should I do?


This occurred on a windows7 pc running ubuntu live (14.04) via usb drive. It is plugged into the internet with an ethernet cable (cat 6?). It is using a PlugLink to connect to the router. I believe the provider is ATT Uverse.


without knowing precisely what the danger is, would you say it's time for our viewers to crack each other's heads open and feast on the goo inside?



Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire