samedi 29 novembre 2014

Pinpoint strange text at initiation of SSH session


On my OpenSUSE 13.1 (Gnome 3) system, whenever I start a SSH session, somewhere in the initialization, the terminal outputs some strange lines.



Last login: Sat Nov 29 00:00:00 2014 from [HOSTNAME]
NAME=openSUSE
VERSIONuser@host:~>


Now, Last login: ..., I understand. But, why is it printing that NAME\VERSION string? I would expect it to output the following:



Last login: Sat Nov 29 00:00:00 2014 from [HOSTNAME]
user@host:~>


In fact, the output of SSH sessions to all of my other OpenSUSE machines matches this output I would expect.


I put echo statements at the beginning and end of the /etc/profile and ~/.profile scripts to see if the text came from those, but those echos output after the NAME\VERSION string, indicating that the strange output comes earlier than those profile scripts. Also, the strange output matches the beginning of the /etc/os-release file, though I don't know why the terminal would be printing that file's contents.


My /etc/ssh/sshd_config:



PasswordAuthentication no
UsePAM yes
X11Forwarding yes
Subsystem sftp /usr/lib/ssh/sftp-server
AcceptEnv LANG LC_CTYPE LC_NUMERIC LC_TIME LC_COLLATE LC_MONETARY LC_MESSAGES
AcceptEnv LC_PAPER LC_NAME LC_ADDRESS LC_TELEPHONE LC_MEASUREMENT
AcceptEnv LC_IDENTIFICATION LC_ALL


So, why would my SSH sessions begin like this or how would I trace this quirk down?



Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire