mercredi 25 mars 2015

Debian..Can't format and mount external HDD


I have been trying to format my 640GB external Hard Drive in command-line and can't seem to get it working.


I have done the following in order:


sudo fdisk /dev/sda


(Deleted any partitions, created a new partition, toggled partition type (tried multiple, but not sure the best?), then wrote the partition and printed to make sure it was correct.


I then created the ext4 filesystem using: sudo mkfs.ext4 /dev/sda1


I tried to mount the partition using: sudo mount -t ext4 /dev/sda1 /mnt/640-hdd -o gid=XXXX,uid=XXXX


I then was given a mount error:



mount: wrong fs type, bad option, bad superblock on /dev/sda1,
missing codepage or helper program, or other error
In some cases useful info is found in syslog - try
dmesg | tail or so


Any recommendations?



Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire