mercredi 25 mars 2015

Problems in using GRUB2 - Manjaro


I hope you are well!


I use Manjaro x64_86, using GRUB2 and EFI.


I made a large error after coming home from a night shift. I accidentally removed my boot partition when attempting to format an external hard drive for my girlfriend. I followed instructions from the Manjaro wiki to reinstall grub.


Some steps are confusing, specifically at the start it asks you to mount your boot partition to /mnt/boot:


mount /dev/sda1 /mnt/boot


Then later in the EFI section, it asks you to mount the boot partition to /boot/efi:


sudo mount /dev/sda1 /boot/efi


I wonder if this has contributed.


I happily updated grub using update-grub, without any major hitches:


sudo update-grub


Unfortunately whenever I need to update grub, it does not work. It appears that my computer is using /boot/efi/grub/grub.cfg rather than the /boot/grub/grub.cfg that is automatically updated when I update my kernel/run the update-grub command from inside my currently running Manjaro install.


I have attempted to read through various wikis about GRUB2 and EFI, but each one is asking me to read more and more information. Is there any chance I can change this so it updates automatically again? I promise I'll never use gparted when I'm tired again! :)


Thank you in advance.


EDIT: Specifically my problem now is that when I use sudo update-grub, it only changes


/boot/efi/grub/grub.cfg


and when I turn on my pc and grub loads, it appears to be using


/boot/grub/grub.cfg


instead, which isn't being updated.



Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire