mercredi 25 mars 2015

grom() keyword in bash throws unexpected '(' token


I'm not entirely sure why I'm getting the error in my .bash_profile



syntax error near unexpected token `('


when I use the keyword grom() for my function. I wanted to create a bash function that will just automatically rebase my master branch with origin



grom() {
branch_name="$(git symbolic-ref --short -q HEAD)"
git fetch && git rebase origin/master && git checkout master && git rebase origin/master && git checkout $branch_name
}


When I change the name of the function, it compiles fine. I couldn't find grom as a keyword so I'm not sure what the issue is. If I rename the function to anything else like git-rom or even something like groms, it compiles fine. Is there some special keywords that do not work? This is on Mac OS X.



Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire