jeudi 26 mars 2015

Why won't my python scripts run without the python command when moved from Windows to Linux?


I have some Python files that I wrote on my Windows PC and then sent over to a Linux machine using pscp. They work as intended on Windows, but when I try to execute them on the Linux machine, I always get an error message.


I use the following process to run the code after importing the file "test.py":


First, I add the shebang line at the top of test.py:



#!/usr/bin/python

# rest of code


Then I modify permissions and try to run the script:



chmod +x test.py
./test.py


which gives me the error message



./test.py: Command not found.


If I create a file from scratch on the Linux machine and type in the exact same program text, the program will run just fine. Also, if I type the following code, the program runs just fine:



python test.py


Can anyone explain what is happening here? Thanks.



Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire